Saturday 16 January 2010

The Unloved, 1 Month On...

A month ago, I wrote a post about the shame of having so much make-up that was lying unloved and unused in my drawers. I had an incredibly long and embarrassing list of things that I had purchased but never actually used, and made myself promise to get some new products into my rotation. 



The good news is that I have managed to discover a couple of great colors and put together a couple of looks using this stuff. My pink smoky eye killed off several birds with one stone, using Stars and Rockets, NYX Pink Glitter Liner, and NYX Black Bean Jumbo Pencil. I really liked the Jumbo Pencil and will definitely be using it again in smoky eyes. It was also, more importantly, a lot of fun to wear. MAC Expensive Pink has become a regular in my work safe day time look, as it is a great complement to Modelette from the Warm & Cozy Collection. It even is becoming my replacement for my much loved Gleam eye shadow, and I want to experiment with it using richer browns like Bronze. Cocomotion Pigment ended up as my first ever FOTD and I'll definitely be recreating that look again as my husband called it my "best make up ever". I was super pleased with my Urban Decay Bronze and Teal look as well. There have been some failures as well - my attempt to do a blue glittery smoky eye ended up with my looking punched and took a full day for the glitter on my face to come off. No, there are not going to be pictures of this disaster!
I created a rule that if I purchase an item and do not use it at least 4 times in a month, then it gets added to this list. So, for shame, I have a couple of new items to add:

MAC Sense of Style Kohl Power Liner
MAC Raven Liner Kohl Power Liner

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Gold
NYX Glitter Liner in Silver
NYX Glitter Liner in Blue
NYX Glitter Liner in Candy
MAC E/S in Swimming
MAC E/S in Mythology
MAC E/S in Expensive Pink
MAC E/S in Off the Page
MAC E/S in Crest the Wave
MAC L/S in Creme De Nude
MAC L/S in Myth
MAC Pigment in Cocomotion
MAC Pigment in Brash and Bold
MAC Pigment in Mutiny
MAC E/S in Samoa
MAC E/S in Shale
NYX Jumbo Glitter Pencil in Gold
NYX Jumbo Glitter Pencil in Blue
MAC E/S in Sweet Lust
MAC E/S in Copperplate
MAC E/S in Passionate
U/D Book of Shadows Vol II
MAC E/S in Twinks
MAC E/S in Freshwater
MAC E/S in Strike a Pose
MAC Eye Palette in Sorceress
MAC Eye Palette in Mystic Cool
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Lust
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Ransom
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Electric
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Binge
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Rockstar
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Stash
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Covet
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Graffiti
MAC Paint Pot in Artifact
Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten
Stila Smudge Pot in Violet
Stila Smudget Pot in Starry Night
NYX Glitter in Silver
NYX Glitter in Gold
NYX Glitter in Apple
NYX Glitter in Hot Pink
NYX Pigment in Nude Pearl
NYX Pigment in Pearl
NYX Glitter in Blue
Rimmel L/S Coral in Gold
MAC L/S Impassioned
NARS Matte Lip Velvet Pencil in Belle De Jour
MAC Dazzleglass Creme in Creme Allure
MAC Dazzleglass Creme in Totally Fab
MAC Dazzleglass Creme in Perfectly Unordinary
Stila Lip Glaze in Apricot
Stila Lip Glaze in Starfruit
Stila Lip Glaze in Apricot
MAC Lipglass in Elle
MAC Lustreglass in Wonderstruck
MAC Lipglass in Beaute
MAC Lipglass in Totally It
MAC Lustreglass in Morning Glory
MAC Lustreglass in Pinkerat
MAC Lipglass in Silly Girl
MAC Lustreglass in Ensign
MAC Lipglass in Cruise Control
MAC E/S in Cranberry

Seeing it all written out like that shocks me as I've clearly got a huge amount of work to do on this project! I do have some more ideas for looks using these products so I do have hope. And realistically I know that there is little requirement for pink glitter in my every day look, but I am also glad I have it tucked away in my stash for that special special day ;)

Next update in a month! 

4 comments:

Michelle @Lipstickrules said...

what a great idea. I should write down a list too but I'm a little afraid to. LOL

Anonymous said...

Love this idea

Imo said...

im afraid Ill go beserk if I write down a list. Great idea though

Fiona M said...

It's really forcing me to go through my things and look for new ways to do things and challenge myself to create new looks, so I'm enjoying it. However, it's not stopping me from buying new stuff, which is shameful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails