Sunday 24 January 2010

Total Beauty: 9 Worst Products of the Month

I have to admit that I ignore most emails that come into my inbox. I'm sure you do the same. But yesterday one caught my eye because it literally cracked me up laughing. It came from Total Beauty and was the 9 worst products of January, based on their user reviews. There is something about failed products that really brings out the ire in people, and angry people are usually funny people.

Some choice quotes:

Philosophy Dark Shadows Illuminating Eye and Upper Lip Cream
"I could have gotten the same results by rubbing in a couple drops of tap water under my eyes ..." 

Rene Furterer Triphasic Anti-Hair Loss Regenerating Serum
"BURNED MY SCALP!! Never used it again it hurt so bad ..."  

Peter Thomas Roth Lashes To Die For Night Time Eyelash Conditioning Treatment
"My eyelashes lost length and thickness. So now I have stubby, thin, short eyelashes ..."

Smooth Away Hair Removal
"You can go buy some fine sandpaper at Lowe's and get the same affect for about 1/10th the price ..." 

Avon Healthy Remedies Detox Patches
"You would get the same effect if you took a lipton tea bag, put it in your bra and exercised for an hour ..." 

Wet n Wild Ultimate Cover Smooth Foundation
"The stuff smells like dirty shoes. The colrs are horrific, like halloween makeup ..." 

I guess I should be thankful that I haven't wasted any of my hard earned dinero on any of these products, and I do feel for the people who have. Especially the people who's eyelashes fell out when they were supposed to grow longer and thicker, and the people who sandpapered their legs.

    

1 comment:

MereMakeupManiac said...

lol @ #4.

i suppose it's really good to invest in products costing a bit more that could likely deliver huh? :) oh my, i'm defending my vanity spending hehe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails