Sunday 27 December 2009

My Ohmigod I Have Too Much Stuff This is Embarassing Post

You know, this blog isn't just about rampant consumerism. I mean, everyone knows that in these hard times, making do with what you have is where it's at. And let's face it, a lot of us have too much and no idea what to do with it, and I am definitely included in that. Looking through my closet and in my makeup drawers, I can spot more than a few things that deserve more love that I have given them in the past. But maybe, just maybe, this blog can help me reconnect with hidden treasures and introduce some new favorites into my current rotation. And you know I can always use a little help in this, so here's a quick view of some of the purchased and never used stuff I have in my makeup drawer:

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Gold

NYX Glitter Liner in Silver
NYX Glitter Liner in Blue
NYX Glitter Liner in Candy

MAC E/S in Swimming
MAC E/S in Mythology
MAC E/S in Expensive Pink
MAC E/S in Off the Page
MAC E/S in Crest the Wave
MAC L/S in Creme De Nude
MAC L/S in Myth
MAC Pigment in Cocomotion
MAC Pigment in Brash and Bold
MAC Pigment in Mutiny

MAC E/S in Samoa
MAC E/S in Shale
NYX Jumbo Glitter Pencil in Gold
NYX Jumbo Glitter Pencil in Blue
MAC E/S in Sweet Lust
MAC E/S in Copperplate
MAC E/S in Passionate
U/D Book of Shadows Vol II
MAC E/S in Twinks
MAC E/S in Freshwater
MAC E/S in Strike a Pose
MAC Eye Palette in Sorceress
MAC Eye Palette in Mystic Cool
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Lust
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Ransom
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Electric
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Binge
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Rockstar
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Stash
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Covet
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Graffiti
MAC Paint Pot in Artifact
Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten
Stila Smudge Pot in Violet
Stila Smudget Pot in Starry Night
NYX Glitter in Silver
NYX Glitter in Gold
NYX Glitter in Apple
NYX Glitter in Hot Pink
NYX Pigment in Nude Pearl
NYX Pigment in Pearl
NYX Glitter in Blue
Rimmel L/S Coral in Gold
MAC L/S Impassioned
NARS Matte Lip Velvet Pencil in Belle De Jour
MAC Dazzleglass Creme in Creme Allure
MAC Dazzleglass Creme in Totally Fab
MAC Dazzleglass Creme in Perfectly Unordinary
Stila Lip Glaze in Apricot
Stila Lip Glaze in Starfruit
Stila Lip Glaze in Apricot
MAC Lipglass in Elle
MAC Lustreglass in Wonderstruck
MAC Lipglass in Beaute
MAC Lipglass in Totally It
MAC Lustreglass in Morning Glory
MAC Lustreglass in Pinkerat
MAC Lipglass in Silly Girl
MAC Lustreglass in Ensign
MAC Lipglass in Cruise Control
MAC E/S in Cranberry



Okay, that is officially the most embarassing list of stuff I've ever seen. I'm mortified. I cannot believe I'm going to post this. I would like to clarify that the majority of the lipglosses from MAC are from the holiday sets which are smaller in size. So are the Stila Lip Glazes and Smudge Pots. 




So, I'm going to try and make sure that I include at least a couple of these items in a look or someway in the coming months, and post about it here. I'm sure I can do the same for my wardrobe too. 


Does anyone else have this problem too? Please admit embarassing stash problems here!

5 comments:

Paige said...

Oh honey; this is not bad. Go to Specktra and check out the Traincase forum; you will see far far worse!

Fiona M said...

thank you for the kind words! Will definitely check out the specktra forum, but feeling so guilty! ;)

LipGlossGossip said...

Oh yes! I just recently bought some drawers for my makeup. I thought it would be great to have all my makeup in one thing organized. It has 8 drawers and it still doesn't all fit! I think I have a problem! ;-)

Michelle @Lipstickrules said...

I totally have the same problem if not worse than you :-)
This is why I do challenges for myself to 'shop my stash' one way or another to make sure I rotate the great stuff I've been collecting.

lucie.lovely.cupcake said...

You should do a blogsale! i'd definitely buy some of your stuff! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails