Thursday 21 January 2010

NYX Haul Part 2: Lipsticks

NYX Cosmetics are currently having a $1 bonanza sale, so now seems a good time to go through my recent NYX lipstick haul. I previously posted about my eyeshadows here.


From l-r Rose, Snow White, Louisiana, Tea Rose, Hero, Pumpkin Pie

Rose applied lovely and smoothly. However, I would definitely not call this color rose. It is closer to a fuschia pink. It is definitely a bright spark on my mouth. It took a little getting used to, but I do think I really rather like this colors.

Snow White is a dark gash or wine red. It automatically made me think of those 90s riot girl bands. Because the color is so rich and dark I made a real mess of applying it straight from the tube. This color totally did not suit me. Fail.

Louisiana is a cooler toned blue pink. Its pigmentation was not as strong as the other lipsticks. It is kind like less bright version of Rose. It is a pretty color, but a little too cool for my skin tone.



Rose, Snow White, Lousiana, Tea Rose, Hero, Pumpkin Pie

Tea Rose is a pretty nude pink. It is neutral in tone and reasonably pigmented.

Hero is a rich, dark red. It is warmer in tone than Snow White as well and not as pigmented as Snow White. The extra warmth meant that it suited my skin tone much better. I blotted this down and it became a super chic dark stain. I like it.

Pumpkin Pie is another nude pink, but this one is a lot warmer, almost with a touch of caramel. This came of almost entirely nude on my lips.

These lipsticks set me back $1.75 each, which is a good bargain for sure. NYX lipsticks feel super smooth going on and the ones I have used so far have nice pigmentation. The only thing I do have to say is woah do they taste like soap, which I do not find at all pleasant. I guess it means that I'm not likely to lick them off....

2 comments:

MereMakeupManiac said...

what a lipstick haul! based from your swatch, i like Pumpkin Pie. i hate some lippie tastes too.

JESSICA LAUREN said...

Musing over Hero, what a lovely dramatic NYC shade.

If you get a chance, swing by and say hello. I would love to hear about all your wants, musings, and distractions. Thank you darling and wonderful blog, I will be back regularly.

http://www.itapetingabella.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails