Thursday 25 February 2010

Working My Stash Update

Again, I have managed to introduce a couple of new things and try some new looks out using my stash. A Brilliant Brunette inspired me to do an orange and cranberry eye which was gorgeous and a lot of fun. I took some of my unloved pieces with me in vacation with the idea that I would be forced into using them and discovering new favorite this way. One of them was the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk which great white base to make colors pop even more, so it’s a great one to use when you are doing a colorful eye. Another winner from this trick was the MAC Holiday 09 Palette in Mystic Cool, which I used for a look here and here. I just cannot make up my mind whether I want to depot these palettes or not. They are so pretty, but I just know that if I depotted them I would use them more. Then again, by not, they become very good for travel, Six to one, half a dozen to the other…

This is one of my favorite Temptalia looks, and I used Freshwater and my UD 24/7 liner in Binge for it when going for date with my man the other night. He is a sucker for that black cat’s eye liner. Samoa has not been used, but I did post about my love for all things peach or melon toned here. It has some serious competition from Benefit’s Nice Melons and Elf’s Mineral Shadow in Natural, but I do feel confident that they can all get along. Stila’s Kitten is one shadow in this school that did get a reasonable amount of face time this month – I’ve used it on a couple of lazy morning single shadow looks. I do find that it has a tendency to sneak all over my face though! I was wondering if I could mix it with my MAC Gloss to make a lip gloss though?

Anyone following my twitter feed would know that I’ve recently rediscovered MAC Dazzleglass Crème in Perfectly Unordinary as gorgeous over Covergirl lipstain Everbloom Kiss. It’s pretty, girl, and spring like. It was worn on the date with my lovely husband.



MAC Sense of Style Kohl Power Liner
MAC Raven Liner Kohl Power Liner
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk 
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
NYX Glitter Liner in Silver
NYX Glitter Liner in Blue
NYX Glitter Liner in Candy
MAC E/S in Swimming
MAC E/S in Mythology
MAC E/S in Expensive Pink
MAC E/S in Off the Page
MAC E/S in Crest the Wave
MAC L/S in Creme De Nude
MAC L/S in Myth
MAC Pigment in Cocomotion
MAC Pigment in Brash and Bold
MAC Pigment in Mutiny
MAC E/S in Samoa
NYX Jumbo Glitter Pencil in Gold
NYX Jumbo Glitter Pencil in Blue
MAC E/S in Sweet Lust
MAC E/S in Copperplate
MAC E/S in Passionate
U/D Book of Shadows Vol II
MAC E/S in Twinks
MAC E/S in Freshwater
MAC E/S in Strike a Pose
MAC Eye Palette in Sorceress
MAC Eye Palette in Mystic Cool
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Lust
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Ransom
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Electric
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Binge
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Rockstar
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Stash
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Covet
U/D 24/7 Pencil in Graffiti
MAC Paint Pot in Artifact
Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten
Stila Smudge Pot in Violet
Stila Smudget Pot in Starry Night
NYX Glitter in Silver
NYX Glitter in Gold
NYX Glitter in Apple
NYX Glitter in Hot Pink
NYX Pigment in Nude Pearl
NYX Pigment in Pearl
NYX Glitter in Blue
Rimmel L/S Coral in Gold
MAC L/S Impassioned
NARS Matte Lip Velvet Pencil in Belle De Jour
MAC Dazzleglass Creme in Creme Allure
MAC Dazzleglass Creme in Totally Fab
MAC Dazzleglass Creme in Perfectly Unordinary
Stila Lip Glaze in Apricot
Stila Lip Glaze in Starfruit
MAC Lipglass in Elle
MAC Lustreglass in Wonderstruck
MAC Lipglass in Beaute
MAC Lipglass in Totally It
MAC Lustreglass in Morning Glory
MAC Lustreglass in Pinkerat
MAC Lipglass in Silly Girl
MAC Lustreglass in Ensign
MAC Lipglass in Cruise Control
MAC E/S in Cranberry
Revlon Cherries in the Snow
Clinique Black Honey
MAC E/S Showstopper
MAC Shadestick Cuddle
MAC Shadestick Nurture

Two new additions are two shadesticks from MAC’s Warm and Cozy Collection – Cuddle and Nurture. I’ve been pretty good about using the rest of my Warm and Cozy and all Races collection – they are so very wearable which is nice, although, like everybody, I’m super excited by the bright colors of the recent Spring Color Forecast. That one I imagine will be a lot harder to work into every day practice! I’m actually quite surprised this month by how much I’ve manage to try and at least try out. I’m not too worried about the lack of activity on the NYX Glitter section – one day their time will come! I’m rearranging my palettes this month to take into account a recent depotting fest, and I’m hoping that rearranging my color families will open my eyes up to some more options as well. I actually have heaps of FOTD ideas that I need to work through and photograph to put up here as well. Promises, promises.

Next update in a month!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails