Wednesday 17 February 2010

Cool Blues: China Glaze Varnish Swatches

 
From top: Custom Kicks, Flyin' High


Ever get to that stage when you look at your collection and you realize you have 17 shades that are oh-so-similar? You know I have, especially when it comes peach eye shadows. I also have this situation when it comes to my nail varnish hauls. I buy all my nail varnish online as it's so much cheaper (thank you transdesign!), but does mean relying on swatches online, which are not always easy to compare. Here's the first in my collection of almost dupes which hopefully will help you decide if you need both!

China Glaze Custom Kicks came out last year as part of the Kicks collection. I personally adore this color. It is a beautiful teal with gorgeous gold shimmer through it. This makes the most heavenly fun pedicure. It would be fun as a mani I'm sure as well - I just have not gotten around to trying it like that.

China Glaze Flyin' High is a blue toned teal creme, with absolutely no shimmer. This color is a little less va-va-voom than Custom Kicks, but still pretty. For some reason, I think I'm going to enjoy this more in Fall than right now, with that slightly cool tone. For me, it is less of a must-have than Custom Kicks.

Do you have them both? Which is your favorite?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I HATE when that hapens! I bought online from Zoya a while back...when I got my order all 3 of my purples were nearly identical. I was mad lol.

Paige said...

Thank you for the comparison!

Jeweled Thumb said...

Your flyin' high swatch looks like a little slipper. =)

Fiona M said...

It does look like a little slipper!! I think that there are enough differences between the two to be happy with them both, but I don't think I'd buy them both - certainly not in the same haul!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails