Wednesday 10 February 2010

MAC Spring Color Forecast 2 Haul



Woah, there's a lot to take in with MAC's latest collection, Spring Color Forecast. I went into my local MAC on Monday and was so overwhelmed that I decided to take it one collection at a time. So today we're going to go through my picks from Spring Color Forecast 2 - Coral. I adore Corals, and they are going to be big this spring (Bobbi Brown has a great coral collection out this year as well), and don't have anything really in my collection that covers that gorgeous warm springy feeling that Coral gives you.

Sooo, what did I get? First up are the three shadows I picked up: Nanogold, Straw Harvest, and Hot Hot Hot.

Nanogold is repromote from a previous collection. It's a sheer champagne with almost a duochrome pinky lustre finish. It's a really pretty color that I can see working with sheer gold looks or as a simple wash all over the lid. A bit frosty for highlighting though. I'm really happy with picking up this color.

Straw Harvest is a bright coral with gold shimmer. This color is so gorgeous and warm. It's perfect for a sunset eyes look. I have green eyes and I'm excited about making this color work with warm pinks and golds. Yum!

Hot Hot Hot is just that - hot! It's a bright hot pink with gold shimmer. Again, perfect for the sunset eyes. Pink is super big this season. I'm hoping this doesn't make me look ill though! I'll put this in a look later this week I think.

I was 100% overwhelmed by all the lipstick and lipgloss choices, so ended up not getting everything on my list, as I wasn't sure what I had versus what was new. I'm going to go back again this weekend to review. Bringing the pup doesn't always give me a long time to mull over my choices, although I think the MUAs would have loved to just keep him! I did pick out Fresh Salmon and Victorian.

Victorian is an amazing sheer bright pink with gold shimmer through it. Oh, this color screams spring!! It is so pretty and beautiful. This is such a must have for me.

Fresh Salmon was the non-safe pick for me. It's a lovely sheer coral with a touch of gold. This color is great for adding a pop of color to your face.

Everyone's really excited about the new blush ombres which came out in this collection. The MUA I was talking to explained how you can use the separate colors to contour and highlight as well as the blended color as a blush. And wow, isn't Ripe Peach just the most perfect name for this blush. Good enough to eat :)

1 comment:

The Melting Muggle said...

Beautiful!!!!! I can't wait to ge my greedy hands on that blush tomorrow. A look with "HOT HOT HOT" is necessary please! K thanks[:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails