Monday 8 February 2010

Neutral EOTD Using MAC Devil May Care Palette

As you may know, I recently went back to the UK for a week. For eye colors, I decided to only take my MAC holiday palettes and see if they would work for a week of experimenting, seeing friends, shopping, and the like.

The first thing I should fess up to is that I actually ended up not wearing make up most days. There’s really not much need for it when my main activity is stomping across the country-side with my dog wearing wellies (rain boots). I find that on vacation I do tend to skip out on getting myself made up. As I’ve said before, I do not treat make up as a mask or a thing I need to do before I face the world. I can easily go out completely bare-faced, and not just hiking across fields, but shopping and meeting friends as well. For me, make up is something that is a fun accessory, like the rest of my unashamed fan. It’s a way for me to be creative and have fun.

I did wear it a couple of days though. This was my day time look for heading into a full day of hard shopping.

I used the MAC Devil May Care Palette palette from Holiday 09. This is a truly gorgeous and really versatile palette. I use it reasonably often for both day and night looks.
 
  

As this was meant to be a soft day time look, I decided against using any eyeliner at all, and just let the prettiness of the soft pinks and golds shine through. This could easily work in any office environment, and then be taken to a night-time look by adding a line of black liquid liner.


I’m thinking of doing a line of work-safe pretty neutral looks - what does anyone think? A good idea, or a little bit boring?



2 comments:

Dani M said...

http://letthemweargloss.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-award-tag.html

I tagged you :)

Fiona M said...

oooh thank you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails