Friday 26 February 2010

Korres Cleansing Wipes Are A Sweet Sweet End To The Day



I scored the Limited Edition Korres Prep, Prime, Perfect kit ($39.50) from Sephora the other day. If you see one in your local store, I would highly recommend snagging one, as it is showing as out of stock online. I've been intrigued by Korres for a couple of years, but for some reason, never actually got around to trying their products. I know that they are Greek, and are homeopathic based products. Although they are not organic, they are natural enough that Whole Foods  sells them in their body shops. There are no parabens, mineral oils, or propylene glycol. So, the bottom line is that they are on the more "natural" side of the scale. I need to think of a better word than that, and I would also like to point out that natural does not necessarily mean good, but that's a debate for another time.

The kit has Wild Rose Cream, which Korres are famous fore, Wild Rose Serum, Pomegranate Wipes, a Primer, Foundation, Mascara, and Lip Butter.

So far, I have only tried out the wipes. I have never actually used facial wipes before, because I thought that the whole wipe concept was firstly expensive, and secondly wasteful. My parents have always been big into the concept of waste, and therefore I've never really been allowed "disposal" products. We didn't drink bottled water, but had refillable bottles everywhere; we always bought our fruit and veg from the loose produce section, that kind of thing. Therefore something that I used and threw away every day was always an alien concept to me. But that's not to say that I'm not a lazy so-and-so, and there have definitely been times when I have been too tired and lazy to take off my make up last thing at night. Oh no, I can hear the sharp intake of breathes across the nation as person writing about beauty commits cardinal sin. No one's perfect, okay?!

When I opened these, I was greeted with the most delicious, fresh, sweet scent of pomegranate. It was really amazing and fabulous. Pomegranate is rich in anti-oxidants, tightens pores, and tones and refreshes skin, or says the back of the packet. I definitely felt all of the above. They did feel gorgeous and fresh and my skin felt clean afterwards. I could see plenty of make up residue that they had lifted off (definitely a benefit of wipes which I like!) I used them at night though, and the next morning some more mascara had smudged under my eyes, so I don't think that they are the best at removing all make-up, and would definitely struggle with waterproof mascara.

25 wipes retails for $12, which I think is rather pricey, even with that gorgeous yummy scent and the gorgeous clean feeling afterwards. I don't know if I'd buy these again, unless I felt like a yummy treat last thing at night. Is there really such a thing as special occasion cleanser?

3 comments:

GlossQueen said...

There's definitely room for a special occasion cleanser :) You could use them if you go away for a weekend or on holidays.

I love Korres products, they're lovely.

Claudia Lawrence said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fiona M said...

Above comment was spam by the way - I don't delete posts for the sake of it or if they don't agree with me!

Special occasion cleanser - awesome! Glad the idea has been approved :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails