Tuesday 16 February 2010

Controversial Post: I Don't Like Mint Nail Varnish

 
Top to bottom: China Glaze Refresh Mint, Essie Mint Candy Apple, China Glaze For Audrey

There, I said it. I've been thinking it a while. At first, I succombed the the trend, oohing and ahhing over Essie's Mint Candy Apple. Then, in the excitement of China's Up & Away Collection, Refresh Mint was standing out as a fun shade. But somehow, in the transition to swooning over swatches on All Laquered Up and actually wearing them on my fingers, something happened, and it looked like I was wearing colored white-out on my nails. Instead of exciting and different, it looked tacky and childish. And so I'm stopping. No more mint for me. Oh, I swatched China Glaze For Audrey with the other two, but have decided it's more a cool blue, rather than a mint green. I can keep.


For those who still are on the mint green trend, For Audrey is as close to a Tiffany blue as I have found, and not really a mint. Mint Candy Apple is a cool, blue toned mint. I've worn this one before and it was a complete pain to apply - streaky, uneven, urgh. China Glaze Refresh Mint is more of a green-toned mint. Again, not easy to apply.

What about you? Are there any color trends that you have hopped on board before realizing that you absolutely hate them?

5 comments:

Kiradris said...

The only nail trend I truly can't stand (no offense to those who rock it) are tacky acrylics. They just scream strip mall tacky nail shop to me.

Mz. More said...

I agree with the the poster above, Acrylics. I let that go years ago and never looked back. They also destroy your natural nails.

Other than that i will try any nail trend as long as it's the right place to wear it. My job environment is pretty laid back so I never have to worry too much. If you like the blue/green but not too minty, you should try Misa Dirty, Sexy, Money. I have swatches on my blog, it's gorgeous! :)

Lisa Kate said...

Yes, yes, I agree with you *thoughtful face*. I don't think that mint nails look good on most people. The only one I've actually tried is For Audrey (which I guess isn't really mint, but whatever) but I'm basically computer paper white, so its not horrible on me. I think its one trend that people need to be more careful with!

Unknown said...

Great comparison and great blog. I'm following you now!

Fiona M said...

thanks for the feedback. Oh, I would never touch acrylic nails thank you very much! I'm not super into 3D nail art for myself, but on other people it looks cool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails