Monday 28 December 2009

The J Crew Catalogue Makes Me Want To Be Smiley in the Snow

It is fair to say that I am completely obsessed with the J Crew catalog. When I grow up, that's where I want to live, apart from all the models are already much younger than me. Jenna Lyons and her amazingly stylish team have an amazing knack of putting it all together in a way that makes me just swoon every time. Then what happens is that I order everything online during one of their 25% off everything sales (oh, how I love those sales), and strangely, it doesn't look quite the same on me. Part of that is not being a gorgeous skinny model, but part of it is that if I put on 17 different tanks, cardigans, sweaters and belts, I look like a crazy granny wearing everything she owns at once, rather than an uber stylish sleek fashion chick. And that's before I add a touch of the unexpected, which in the pictures below is a climbing rope belt and a lot of Sorel Caribou boots. This year's holiday catalog was shot in Chile and just looks amazing. Here's a couple of my favorite shots.
All clothing J Crew. Most should still be available online. 




 
 

Out of everything pictured here, I own the Sobel boots and socks, I have a very similar sequin top from Topshop, and I nearly bought the red coat today ($100 rather than $248!!!), but for some reason I balked. Crazy me. Odds are I'm going to go back and see if they still have it tomorrow morning.
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These all look nice =) The red lips go so well with the first outfit!! x

Fiona M said...

don't they!! I just want to live in the catalogue! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails