Wednesday 23 December 2009

First Ever EOTD

Yep, I'm a little nervous putting this up, but I figured what the hell, I don't have too many people reading right now, and I can only get better, right?


I put this together on Saturday. I was actually inspired by Karen over at Make Up and Beauty Blog, who had featured something similar a year ago on her blog. Karen is super talented, so obviously hers is way better than mine, but I'm glad I put this together.



I'm still working on how to take photos and get the light right. Oh, and please ignore my crazy eyebrows. I'm getting them done tomorrow!



So really, you can see my makeup when I open my eye, really. Darn photography.

Anyways, what did I use? Everything is MAC unless otherwise stated.

  • Paint in Bare Canvas
  • Smoke and Diamonds Eye Shadow
  • Cocomotion Pigment
  • Handwritten Eye Shadow
  • Deep Secret Eye Shadow (from Mystic Cool Eye Palette)
  • Ricepaper Eye Shadow
  • Stila Smudge Pot in Black
  • Covergirl Lashblast Length in Black.

As a base, I always use MAC Paint in Bare Canvas. That stuff does not move! I have Urban Decay Primer Potion, but I haven't tried it yet.

Then, I used MAC Smoke and Diamonds sheerly all over the lid, gradually building up color, and going a little way into the crease.

Next step was to take MAC Pigment in Cocomotion and lightly brush it over the crease and outer lid of my eye. If I was doing this again, I think I would use a little more. I blended a lot to make the colors merge together nicely.

I wanted to darken the outer lid a little more, so I used MAC Handwritten on the outer third, and then finally the dark blue shade from the MAC Mystic Cool Holiday Eye Palette.

To highlight I used MAC Ricepaper.

I then used Stila's Smudge Pot in Black and an eyeliner brush to draw a line on my upper lid, and the lower one as well. Before the lower one totally dried, I smudge it out a little at the corner.

Mascara away and you're good to go. 

My husband was crazy for this look. He loves something sophisticated and not too trendy or out there, and thought this was absolutely awesome. Definitely one I'll be repeating again soon.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails