Saturday 26 December 2009

Cheapie of the Week: Burts Bees Lip Balm





I am not above wandering the drugstore aisles looking for a quick fix. I know that price does not always mean quality either. In this series I'll bring you an awesome find that won't hurt your wallet.


This week, it's lipbalm from one of my favorite brands, Burt's Bees, which costs just $2.99. The lipbalm comes in a number of flavors, including my favorites pomegranate and honey, and is made 100% natural ingredients. The ingredients list is reassuringly recognisable, with beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil and honey featuring in my Honey one. The Honey flavor is clear, and the Pomegranate has a yummy red tint. 


The last three lipbalms I have used have been Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, Philosophy The Kiss, and MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner. Burt's Bees Lip Balm is more than equal to these. Actually, while Philosophy's The Kiss is a great balm in terms of moisture, as soon as it gets cold it is impossible to push out of the container, which is a total pain as cold weather is really when you need lip balm. Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment is lovely, and provides a great cold weather balm as it's quite rich. Burt's Bees Lip Balm provides good moisture, doesn't take a huge amount of time to sink in, and has a lovely, lovely scent. Plus, at that price point, I have about 5, one for each of my handbags, one in the bathroom, and one in the office. No chapping for me, thanks! 

Have you used Burt's Bees? Or maybe there's another lip balm you are crazy about? Let me know in the comments and I'll check it out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails