Monday 3 May 2010

Tarte Makes My Raspberry Popsicle Last All Afternoon

One of the products that I have been most excited about trying out this year was the Tarte Natural Lipstain. They look like a juicy jumbo crayon with luscious bright sheer color. Like all Tarte products, they are formulated without sulphates or parabens and have not been tested on animals. They promise to slide on and provide a natural stain that is both hydrating and lasts all day. Even though I had previously been disappointed by Tarte's signature product, their Cheek Stain, I really wanted these products to do what they promised.


I picked two colors, Joy, a peachy color, and Amused, a bright pink. The first one I tried was Joy, and I was immediately disappointed. The color completely disappeared on my lips, and you could not see any difference. I decided immediately to return it, and hence forgot to swatch it on my arm - sorry readers!!!



The next color I tried was Amused. WOW!! You know that "I've been sucking a rasperry popsicle" stain that so many product promise? This one delivers just that. It's a gorgeous raspberry stain with a hint of a shine. The color lasted about 5 hours. While I loved the color, I have to admit I did find the product a little drying, although I was out in the sun at the time. Luckily, with a stain, applying clear lip balm is no issue. This is going to become one of my summer go-to colors.




1 comment:

Jamie Dorman said...

Ahh you tempt me! They are so pretty! Money, please stay in wallet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails