Sunday 23 May 2010

Kiehls Milk, Honey and Almond Scrub Smooths Your Rough Edges

As you may be aware, I've been making some changes to my skin routine. The first major change was my purchase of the Clarisonic Mia. (For my review, click here.). For the last month or so, I haven't used any other masks or scrubs. The other day I decided to give my skin a more in depth scrub just to rid it of any buildup I've had. I’ve usually loved most thing from Kiehls, and I had picked up their Milk, Honey, and Almond Scrub back in December during their Friends & Family sale, so I knew it was about time I tried it out.

 
The scrub comes in a tub, which is not the most conducive to shower scrubbing. I don’t know about you, but I do all my face scrubbing in the shower, so this is important to me, and something I wish all manufacturers would take a note of. It smells really yummy – like delicious sweet almond honey goodness. There are grains of almonds all the through the medium thickness paste. I massaged this all over my face using gentle, upward circular movements, and then rinsed off after a couple of minutes. I was very pleased with the smoothness of my skin afterwards, and it was a little drier than if I had just cleansed it, but nothing serious. The extra smoothness lasted about a day or so before returning to my normal texture. 
I found this to be an gentle, effective scrub. It's not a micro-dermal exfoliator, and uses no AHA acids, so in that sense, it is simple, and gentle on your skin. I like it for giving my skin an extra polish and smoothness when I feel it is getting clogged up, without being too rough or intense. The tub is a generous 6oz for $20.50, and I honestly think that that's going to last me a while.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

you should try the pineapple and papaya scrub. it has very few of the scrubby particles, but you basically massage it in adn then leave it on for a few minutes, and it makes your skin soooo soft! i like teh honey and almond one too but i'm always a little scared of the almond particles tearing my skin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails