Tuesday 11 May 2010

Clinique City Block Saves My Face



The last couple of hot days here in New York have given me the opportunity to test out Cliniques Super City Sheer SPF 40 Sunblock ($17.50 / 1.4oz). It is an oil-free tinted sunblock that blocks both UVA and B rays, which means it both stops sunburn and reduces sun damage. The tint is sheer and light, so this product would be suitable for any light to mid-toned girls, but may show up as ashy or ghostly on darker girls. The tint faded, and the tell-tale white tone of SPF came through, although this too blended fairly easily into my skin. The tint was also so sheer that it didnt really provide me with any discernable coverage, and I definitely  require a touch more base to even out my skin tone. This made my skin feel quite greasy, but I have not yet come across an SPF product that does not have this issue. Instead, I have been applying City Sheer at least 10-15 minutes before your regular base to give your skin time to soak it in. When I wore nothing else, it did sink in nicely and didnt leave me looking shiny, and the same when I left some time between applying products.  It was also fairly hardwearing I put it on, went for a bike ride, lay in the sun, and biked home again in 90 on Saturday afternoon, so naturally there was a bit of sweat, but it didnt wear off or leave me burnt at all. I was certainly pleased with the level of protection I felt. Ive worn it for about 4 days straight, and havent had any issues with breakout out or any other skin issues, so that is a major plus as well. 

 Blob on the left, blended out on the right

I cannot say that Im super thrilled about this product, or think that its amazing. I love the high level of protection and the hard wearing nature, but it doesnt solve the greasy feeling or poor photos that is associated with SPF protection. Ill definitely keep using it throughout the summer, but doubt Ill actually purchase again. Have you come across a really good facial suncream? Or regular suncream? Id really like to know.

2 comments:

Jamie Dorman said...

I've wanted this for some time, thanks for the review!

Obsessed.Makup.Addict said...

I have the same one and I love it, it doesn't clog my pores or anything!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails