Tuesday 5 January 2010

Vacation Make Up Bag



I was lucky enough to go south to Palm Beach for New Year. It ended up not being at all warm, but still was a nice break from NYC. I always have a weird time picking out what to bring in my make up bag, as I invariably only use about half of it. Ironically enough I once backpacked around the world with only a stila convertible color, mascara and nail varnish for 8mths!

Anyway, this time I took with me:

  • MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation - my usual choice. I only wore this once when we went for a nice dinner. 
  • NARS Multiple Duo Orgasm / South Beach. I wore this blush a couple of times. This is a seriously useful duo. I highly recommend it. It also lasts forever. I've been using the blush about 3 times a week and I've only just hit pan on it after a year. 
  • Sephora eye pencils in shimmery green and shimmer blue. My favorite high summer look is eyes lined with these two colors plus black mascara. It never really got hot enough or sunny enough to bust these two out. 
  • CoverGirl LashBlast Luxe Mascara - worn every day. 
  • MAC Paint in Bare Canvas. This is my go to primer. I wore this once under eye makeup when we went for dinner.
  • MAC Eyeshadows in Ricepaper, Bronze, All That Glitters, and Texture. I used Ricepaper, All That Glitters, and Bronze in my evening eye look once. Texture not at all. 
  • MAC Kohl Power Pencil in Feline. I brought this and I used it, but actually thought it made my eyes too heavy, so could have skipped. 
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Electric. I love a teal eye by the ocean, but ended up not using this. 
  • MAC Select Moistercover Concealer. I don't remember putting this on at all. Good skin days! :)
  • MAC Lipglass in Silly Girl. This came as part of the Holiday kits this year and I had largely ignored it. My mistake! I loved the shimmery coral color - perfect for pool time and evenings. 
  • MAC Lipglass in Liberated. I just really love this, especially in the sun when the gold really comes out. 
  •  China Glaze nail varnishes in Sneaker Head and Custom Kicks. I wore Sneaker Head on my fingers and Custom Kicks on my toes. I then spent all week wishing I had reversed them. 
  • Burts Bees lip balm in Pomegranate. This has a yummy tingle. 
 I did end up using almost all of my holiday kit, but I could have easily done with much less. Isn't that always the way?! How about you - do you have your holiday kit worked out down to a fine art?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails