Monday 21 June 2010

Review: Physicians Formula Strips


Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush & Eye Shadow
($12) are widely thought to be the best drugstore dupe for the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick. I have to admit right now that I've never tried the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick so cannot attest to the dupe factor. Instead, I'll have to review the PF Shimmer Strips in their own right.



Shimmer Strips are a palette of 5 similarly toned shimmery powders that can either be worn alone or swirled together as a blush or bronzer. I chose the shade Miami Glow, which ranges from pink to bronze. The powders felt reasonably smooth, and were all quite sheer. All 5 of the colors were very shimmery. I really liked them as individual colors, although I think that most people would have a similar range of neutrals in their eye-shadow collection. For the photo I took here, I actually used the colors on my eyes as well to do a super quick eye brightening look.



When swirled together, the colors take on more of a golden bronze look. This is where the Shimmer Strips lived up to their name: they are very shimmery! I hardly ever wear anything with shimmer in it, so the first time I put it on, I absolutely hated it. I thought it was garish and shiny, even though it is called a shimmer strip. I've now been wearing it for a couple of hours, and I have to admit, I do like the "glowing" effect, but I do think that it's a little much for just during the day. The shade is also quite light, so even for me there is no bronzing here, and I'm very pale. Instead, I can see this working well as a "lit from within" highlighter for wearing in the evening.



So, daytime eyes, nighttime glow - what a little hard worker this little palette is. I am pleasantly surprised by this product, especially in the quality of the shadows on their own. Miami Glow is a little on the light side for most girls, but I'm sure that there is a great color out there for you.

1 comment:

Marie said...

I like Physicians Formula products.:D

This strip palette is one of my favorites.:D Nice review!:D

http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
...and everything girly under the sun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails