Monday 28 June 2010

Beauty Blogger Fail: Need Some Drugstore Love!

When scrabbling through my make up collection the other day, I realized that it has been a while since I indulged in some drugstore hauling. The vast majority of my make up collection comes from brands like MAC, Benefit, NARS and Tarte, with only the odd drugstore product nestling in there. I swear by Covergirl and Maybelline mascaras, and recently discovered the pretty shimmery summer glow that comes from Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Blush / Bronzer, but I have to admit that I don’t get the same excitement or thrill from a drugstore haul that I do from Sephora. Definitely a part of it is the packaging. Almost all drugstore packaging feels plasticky and cheap, which I don't love. Another part of it is the lack of testers to try out the shades - I do sometimes feel like I'm taking a leap into the unknown and just buying something based upon either the name or reputation.

BUT!!!! I know that there are some amazing, awesome, wonderful, must have, must buy drugstore products out there, and I really want to get to trying some. I wandered around Duane Reade today (NYC drugstore), and saw lots of great Maybelline Color Sensational lip products that looked like they'd be fun, and some Covergirl glosses. I need to find some great BOGO deals so I can go crazy in the summer jelly gloss department. Before I go wild in the drugstore aisles, I would really appreciate your ideas of what are must have products though - help a girl out! :)

4 comments:

Michelle @Lipstickrules said...

The Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks are nice and the Revlon Colorburst lipsticks are a MUST! :-)

Kelsey said...

I like the colorsensational lipsticks too!
Good drugstore eyeshadow: L'Oreal HIP!

Anonymous said...

I can tell you one drugstore product you won't be able to find anymore! It's the dove facial lotion they just discontinued it! I loved this stuff for years so unfair! come visit my blog I have multiple giveaways going on. http://diabeticsnacker.blogspot.com/

Kamila said...

I second Maybelline and Revlon lippies and HIP shadows! Revlon eyeshadows are very good as well and I use Covergirl Eyelights mascara for hazel eyes daily (though mascara tends to be a matter of personal preference)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails