Thursday 18 February 2010

EOTD Blue Smoky Eyes Using MAC Holiday 09



I’ve been obsessed with blue smoky eyes for a while, and have been using MAC’s Blue Flame from Style Black alternated with NARS Night Flight to build up that dark blue glitter. For some reason, I think that a blue smoky eye is much more modern, edgy, and rocky than the more traditional one built with blacks, grays, and silvers.

This was one done using MAC’s Mystic Cool Palette from Holiday 09. I’ve done a look before from this palette, where I mentioned that the colors themselves are not obviously complementary. The blues together are gorgeous though. In putting this look together, I didn’t want to use any eyeliner on the upper lid, as I thought that it would start to look like those 80s smoky eyes which are so planned and constructed. This is much softer, more organic, and smudgier than that.

Base: Paint in Bare Canvas, and NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
Inner: Turquoise
Outer: Dark Blue
Crease: Dark Brown (very little)
Lower Lid: Zero and Dark Blue
Tear Duct and Brow Bone: Shimmery Gold Highlighter


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails